FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, July 2, 2009
CONTACT OFFICE OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Commerce Secretary Gary Locke to Accompany President Obama to Russia
U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke will travel to Moscow, July 6-8, in conjunction with the Presidential Summit Meeting between Presidents Obama and Medvedev. Locke will represent the administration at a private sector Business Summit where U.S. and Russian business leaders will present recommendations to expand bilateral commercial cooperation.
This will be Locke’s first overseas trip as Secretary of Commerce. While in Moscow, he will meet with the Minister of Economic Development Elvira Nabiullina to discuss U.S.-Russian economic and commercial relations and Russia’s integration into the global economy.
Locke will also participate in a virtual ribbon-cutting ceremony to inaugurate Boeing’s joint venture with Russian titanium company VSMPO-AVISMA on July 7, and he will deliver remarks at the opening of a new Pepsi Bottling Plant in Domodedovo on July 8.
MONDAY, JULY 6, 2009
On Monday, Secretary Locke will:
- Join a working meeting with Presidents Obama and Medvedev at the Kremlin (Closed Press)
- Attend the joint press conference with Presidents Obama and Medvedev (Open Press—limited space)
- Participate in a dinner meeting with American business leaders (Closed Press)
TUESDAY, JULY 7, 2009
On Tuesday, Secretary Locke will:
- Attend a breakfast roundtable with members of the American Chamber of Commerce (Closed Press)
- Have a bilateral meeting with the Minister for Economic Development Elvira Nabiullina (Closed Press)
- Deliver remarks at a virtual ribbon-cutting ceremony to inaugurate Boeing’s joint venture with a Russian titanium company (Open Press)
- Address the U.S.-Russia Business Summit (Pooled Press)
WEDNESDAY, JULY 8, 2009
On Wednesday, Secretary Locke will:
- Host a roundtable discussion with Moscow-based U.S. journalists (By invitation only)
- Tour the new Pepsi Bottling Plant in Domodedovo and deliver remarks at the conclusion of the tour (Open Press).
For additional information, contact the Public Affairs Office at 202-482-4883.