Tomorrow, Friday, January 18th, the U.S. Department of Commerce will be opening our doors as part of the administration’s inauguration activities so that you can learn more about the available resources and work being done by the Commerce team. If you are in the area, please stop by for our two panels. These are all free and open to the public.
it Here, Selling it Everywhere”
The U.S. Department of Commerce will host an open house panel discussion on “Building it Here, Selling it Everywhere.” The program will be built around Commerce’s key priorities, including manufacturing, innovation and exports. Department officials will be on hand to talk about how our work on these initiatives plays a key role in creating jobs here at home and making us more competitive abroad.
- Bruce Andrews, Chief of Staff, Office of the Secretary of Commerce
- Phillip Singerman, Associate Director for Innovation and Industry Services at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Francisco Sánchez, Under Secretary for International Trade (ITA)
- Matthew Erskine, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Economic Development (EDA)
Where: U.S. Department of Commerce
When: 1:00pm – 2:30pm
“Technology, Innovation, and Job Creation”
Learn more about administration initiatives that drive technological progress and job creation at an open house hosted by the U.S. Department of Commerce. The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) and the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, the National Institute of Standards and Technology and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office will discuss key activities that help bolster the economy, including open data initiatives, tech transfer, patent reform and internet policy.
- Todd Park, U.S. Chief Technology Officer
- Larry Strickling, Assistant Secretary for Communications and Information and Administrator, National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)
- Patrick Gallagher, Under Secretary of Standards and Technology and Director of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Terry Rea, Deputy Under Secretary for Intellectual Property and Deputy Director of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Where: U.S Department of Commerce
When: 3:00pm – 4:30pm